Revenue Conduit is able to recognize whether an order is placed from the POS (point-of-sale) or online store.
In your Revenue Conduit Settings Page, there's a field called Order Source. This field corresponds to a custom field on the Infusionsoft Order Record. To sync the Order Source to this Custom Field, first create a custom field in Infusionsoft.
- Go the Admin -> Settings
- In the "Set up custom fields for" dropdown, pick Order and click "Go"
- On the next screen, click Add
- Name the field Order Source
- Click Save
- Once you have done this, click the link "View field database names for the api" link
- Copy the database name for the custom field
- Copy the database name into the field area in the Revenue Conduit Order Source field area
In addition to syncing to a custom field, Revenue Conduit will also apply a Tag to the contact record. If the order comes from the online store, Revenue Conduit will apply the Tag Source: web. If the order comes from the POS, Revenue Conduit will apply the Tag Source: POS. Revenue Conduit will automatically create these tags when an order is placed.
If you would like to have different follow up based on the order source, we suggest using the order source Tag to route within a decision diamond in the campaign builder. Once the tag is used to route, you should have the campaign remove it so that the campaign will work properly for the customer next time they order.