Video 01: Coupon Code Overview
Video 02: General Coupon Setup (non-cart specific)
Video 03: Coupon Automation Testing
Instructions for Shopify (as noted in the video Shopify is not able to generate expiring coupons through their API)
This feature requires the free "Bulk Discounts" Shopify app in the Shopify App Store. Click here to go to the Bulk Discounts app install page. Return to this page after that is completed and follow these instructions:
- Log in to your Revenue Conduit Admin account.
- Click on your Hubspot App Name in the left menu.
- Click on "Coupon Code Generation" menu item
- Enter the details as requested in the video :
- Coupon Name - This is the name of the coupon you can use to track which coupon it is. For example "10% Off"
- Coupon Code Prefix - The coupon code prefix is added to the beginning of each coupon code that is generated for the current coupon campaign.
- Campaign - Create a new Campaign Name (this is only relevant for Revenue Conduit's internal menu, so you can give the Campaign the same name as the Coupon Name, above)
- Number Of Coupons To Generate - Drop down that asks how many coupons should be generated in bulk. These coupons must be generated in bulk because Shopify API does not allow creation of a single coupon. This means that you, as the merchant, must watch the number of coupons that are used. If the number of coupons used and the total # of coupons is the same, then no more coupons are available for use and you must create a new coupon campaign.
- Click Save & Generate
- After saving, the coupon campaign you just configured should appear at the bottom of the page in the section called "Configured Coupons".
- Click the link called "View List" that appears beside the new coupon campaign that was just created.
- A popup should appear that has a list of all the unique coupon codes that were randomly generated.
- Follow the instructions on the popup to copy all those coupons into the Bulk Discounts app that you installed earlier. Keep this page open and follow these instructions for Bulk Discounts in a new tab:
Bulk Discounts App Instructions
- Open a new tab in your browser
- Log into your Shopify Admin section for your store
- Click "Apps" in the main menu
- Find the Bulk Discounts App
- Click "New Discount Set"
- Enter a name of the discount campain. We recommend using the same name you used in step 6 for Coupon Name
- Set "How many times can these discounts be used?" to 1
- Set "Discount type" to the desired discount type
- Set "Start and end" date to the desired values. We recommend setting the end date (expiration date) to be as far in the future as you think it will take the number of discounts to be used up. Making a shorter date will mean that customers will get expired coupon codes. When all are expired, you can always generate a new set of discounts.
- Set "Generate or import the discount codes?" to "Import the discount code"
- Paste the coupons you copied on step 11 above into the "Type or paste the name of each discount".
- Click "Create". This will create all the coupons that were copied from step 11 into Shopify.
- After creating the coupons in Shopify using the Bulk Discounts App, open the page that has the popup still open.
- If the coupons were created as discounts in Shopify successfully, select the radio button next to "These coupon codes were pasted into the shopify 'Bulk Discounts' Shopify App and were successfully created in Shopify." If not, then select the other radio button.
- Click "Continue" to close the popup
- Find the HTTP POST column and copy the data inside the HTTP POST.
- Follow the remaining instructions referenced in the video